Now that you have decided to sell your home help speed up the closing process by getting a pre-listing inspection. Eventually, your buyers are going to conduct an inspection. You may as well know what they are going to find by getting there first. Having an inspection performed ahead of time helps in many other ways, such as:
- It allows you to see your home through the eyes of a critical and neutral third party.
- It alerts you to immediate safety issues before agents and visitors tour your home.
- It may alert you to items of immediate concern, such as radon gas or active termite infestation.
- It permits you to make repairs ahead of time so that ...
- Defects won't become negotiating stumbling blocks later.
- There is no delay in obtaining the Use and Occupancy Permit.
- You have the time to get reasonably priced contractors or make the repairs yourself, if qualified.
- It helps you to price your home realistically.
- It may relieve prospects' concerns and suspicions.
- It may encourage the buyer to waive his inspection contingency.
- It reduces your liability by adding professional supporting documentation to your disclosure statement.
WHY CHOOSE US
-We work for you - not the buyer, not the agent, not the mortgage company
-Easy to read computer generated report within minutes of inspection completion
-Schedule Availability – Our goal always it to accommodate your schedule to our very best
-Member of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors(InterNACHI)
-Certification training thru InterNACHI and Kaplan University
-We carry errors and omissions insurance
-Member of Minnesota’s Licensed Builders Agency
-Member of Minnesota’s Pollution Control Agency for sewage treatment systems
-We go above and beyond the recommended hours of continuing education every year
WHAT WE INSPECT
Condition of the Structural Components, including the Attic and Crawl Space
or Basement - Construction Methods and Materials - Evidence of Moisture
Foundation Movement - Water Penetration
Materials, Condition and Performance of the Roof Coverings, Flashings,
Chimneys, Gutters and Downspouts - Vents & Trim - Skylight,
Chimney & other Roof Penetrations
Materials and Condition of the Exterior Cladding, Doors and Windows,
Driveway and Walkways - Deck, Porches, Stoops & Railings - Lot Grading &
Drainage - Eaves, Soffit & Fascia - Garage Doors, Safety Sensors & Openers
HEATING & AIR CONDITIONING
General Condition and Operation of the Visible Portion of the Furnace and Air
Conditioning Units, Duct Work, Thermostat, and Air Filter
Fireplace Damper Door & Hearth
General Condition of the Electrical Service - Electrical Panels, Breakers &
Fuses Grounding & Bonding - GFCIs & AFCIs - Electrical Service Line &
Meter Box - Main Disconnect & Service Amperage - Random Testing of
Switches & Outlets, Light Fixtures, and Ceiling Fans
General Condition and Operation of the Plumbing System - All Visible
Supply Piping and Drains - Main Water Shut Off Valves
Water Heating System - Interior Plumbing Fixtures & Faucets
Drainage Sump Pumps with Accessible Floats
INSULATION & VENTILATION
Overall Condition of Attic and Crawl Space Insulation & Ventilation
Operation of Exhaust Fans
General Condition of the Walls, Ceilings, Floor Coverings,
Windows & Doors, Cabinets & Countertops
General Condition and Operation of the Major Appliances